Get into the spirit of Halloween with a Spooky Historical Tour of your city! Ghost walks are offered in a number of locations across Ontario throughout the fall season. Parents need to know that not all walks are suitable for young children – use your judgement and inquire with tour operators if you are unsure!
Black Creek ‘Halloween Nightlife’ Ghost Walks
Explore the supernatural side of Black Creek Pioneer Village on a terrifying tour! The Haunted Walk Experience with The Haunted Walk of Toronto. Black Creek in the dark is the perfectly creepy backdrop for a night of spine-tingling ghost stories and tales from dark side of local history. Each participant will receive a special limited edition Haunted Walk flashlight for the event!
- October 13, 21 & 28, 2017
- Black Creek Pioneer Village, 1000 Murray Ross Parkway, Toronto
The Original Haunted Walk of Toronto
A special Halloween version of the popular Original Haunted Walk of Toronto. This classic city tour features many of Toronto’s best ghost stories, including: haunted theatres, hidden burial grounds, the mysterious disappearance of Ambrose Small, and paranormal phenomena at the Hockey Hall of Fame. The experience will end with a unique opportunity: guests will be able to explore one of the most famous haunted sites in the city – Mackenzie House! You will never look at the city the same again!
- 2017 Dates: October 5-7, 11-14, 17-21, 24-30, November 1-4
- Adults $21.75, Youth (10-17) $18.75. Purchase tickets online.
- Tour departs from the courtyard in front of the Hockey Hall of Fame (30 Yonge St).
Ghost Walk of Niagara-on-the-Lake
Niagara-on-the-Lake is hands down Canada’s Most Haunted Town! 200 years of history and ghosts featured with tales of haunted pubs, inns, and homes. This tour includes the Angel Inn, Courthouse, Royal George Theatre and Prince of Wales Hotel. With North America’s oldest legend, a mystery at the Apothecary, a deathly first and only, and a house making cameras go crazy.
- September and October 7 days a week!
- Tours start at 8 PM
- 126 Queen Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Adults: $15.00 Kids 13 and under: $5.00 + HST
Ghosts of the University of Toronto
Is Canada’s largest university also its most haunted? The grand architecture and tree-lined paths of the University of Toronto downtown campus is filled with dark history and ghostly tales. Hear about secret chambers, restless spirits trapped among the stars, haunting love stories and more. This outdoor tour is a perfect way to spend an evening around Halloween! Tour presented in partnership with Muddy York Walking Tours. This tour departs from the steps outside of the Royal Ontario Museum at 100 Queen’s Park.
History, Ghosts & Haunted Places, Mobsters, Murderers & Femme-Fatales… Hamilton has it ALL! Join your host Stephanie Lechniak, Founder & Owner of Haunted Hamilton since 1999, for a Ghostly Haunted Tour through the historic & haunted streets of Downtown Hamilton like you’ve NEVER seen before… through the eyes of the one-and-only, “Spooky Steph”.
- Friday, September 22, 2017
- Meet outside of The Armouries, 200 James Street North, Hamilton, ON
- 8-10 PM
- Tickets $10.00
Fort George Halloween Ghost Tours
Some believe that Halloween is the time of year when supernatural forces are most powerful, and the barrier between this world and the next is at its weakest. For others, it’s just the perfect time of year for a good ghost story. Join us for an exploration of the scariest aspects of haunted Fort George. This 2-hour walking tour includes stories too frightening to be told on the summer tours, and opens a building (the Officers’ Quarters) usually off limits to the Ghost Tour.
- October 13, 14, 15; October 20, 21, 22; October 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
- Times: 7:00, 7:15 & 7:30 p.m. 10:00, 10:15 & 10:30 p.m. (excluding Sundays)
- All tickets $20. Tickets must be purchased in advance – Call 905-468-6621.
Free Tours Toronto Ghost Tour
Toronto’s most unique ghost tour. A mix of spooky stories and scientific scepticism. This 1.5 hour walking tour takes you past some of the city’s most notorious haunted places. It’s a fun blend of history and hauntings. Bring your inquisitive mind and imagination, and get ready for a frightfully fun evening!
- 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM – Wednesday, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays September 16 to October 31st.
- Meet at The front steps of Old City Hall at 60 Queen Street West
- FREE (September and October). Pre purchase tickets up to 12 hours prior to event. See website.
Burlington Halloween Ghost Tours
Featuring ghost walks every weekend up to Halloween. Please call the ghost hotline for dates and times. Happy Hauntings!
- Burlington, Ontario
Find more Halloween events in our event guides.